"The completion of the NGCB's investigation of the response of certain employees to allegations against our founder and previous CEO
"Upon learning of the extent of the allegations, the new leadership of
"We have undergone an extensive self-examination over the last 12 months, intended to reinvigorate and implement meaningful change across all levels of the organization, cultivate a safe, healthy and supportive workplace culture, and build on our core values of respecting our employees, corporate responsibility and citizenship, and service to the community."
"In my extensive experience working in the highly-regulated gaming industry I have never seen a company take action that was as swift and comprehensive as the executive team at
Over the past year, the Company has taken many actions related to its relationship with
Matt Maddoxas CEO of Wynn Resorts.
- Executed a separation agreement with
Steve Wynnthat paid him no severance and arranged for liquidation of all his Wynn Resortsshares.
- Commenced a robust Board refreshment process and, as of today, the median tenure of our eight independent directors is now less than two years. In
April 2018, the Board elected three new female directors, resulting in a Board that is now nearly 50% women. In August 2018, the Board elected Philip G. Satreas Vice Chairman and Richard Byrneas a Director. In November 2018, Mr. Satre succeeded D. Boone Waysonas Chairman.
- Any employee who was aware of allegations of sexual assault against
Steve Wynnand did not investigate or report it is no longer with the company.
Ellen Whittemore, a recognized expert in gaming regulatory matters, as General Counsel.
Marilyn Spiegel, an executive with significant hospitality and human resources experience, as President of Wynn Las Vegas.
Rose Huddleston, a seasoned human resources executive, to the newly created corporate position of Senior Vice President of Human Resources- North America.
Under the leadership of CEO
- Refocused efforts on the company's workplace culture by making it a priority for the company's new Human Resources leadership.
- Launched enhanced Workplace Compliance and Prevention of Sexual Harassment training for all employees, designed and delivered by a third-party expert.
- Launched a
Women's Leadership Councilto promote equality within the workplace. The group's first activity was to produce a speaker series, "Women Who Thrive," to educate and inspire employees through powerful female role models.
- Commissioned pay and promotion equity studies to measure pay equality among men and women in the workforce.
- Launched a new Paid Parental Leave program that provides six weeks of paid time off to new parents.
- Implemented new Diversity, Inclusion and Unconscious Bias training for all employees taught by third-party experts. Company senior executives completed an eight-hour training program.
- Launched the Great Places to Work survey and focus groups which measure employee engagement against the Fortune "100 Best Places to Work."
- Launched a new annual
Wynn Employee Foundationscholarship program, which has awarded ten $7,500college scholarships to employees and their dependents.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nevada-gaming-control-board-and-wynn-resorts-agree-to-settlement-300784914.html