Ms. Atkins has been the Chief Executive Officer of Baja Corporation, an independent venture capital firm focused on technology, renewable energy and life sciences, since 1994. Ms. Atkins currently serves on the Boards of Schneider Electric (since April 2011), SL Green Realty (since April 2015), and Cognizant Technology Solutions (since April 2017), as well as a number of private companies.
- 2013 to 2016: Chair, APX Labs (a Google Glass enterprise software company)
- February 2009 to August 2009: Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Clear Standards (until acquired by SAP)
- 1991 to 1993: Chair and Chief Executive Officer, NCI
- 1989 to 1999: Co-founder, Director, Executive Vice President Sales, Marketing, International Operations, Ascend Communications (until acquired by Lucent Technologies)
- Previously served on the boards of HD Supply Holdings, Polycom, SunPower, Chico’s FAS, Ciber, Darden Restaurants
- Formerly an advisor to British Telecom and presidential-appointee to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation advisory committee
- Ms. Atkins graduated with a B.A. from the University of Massachusetts.